Friday, May 20, 2011

Art Exhibition in Peru



Through Sachaqa Art Center I had the great opportunity to show my work in a gallery exhibition here in Lamas, Peru this weekend during the celebration of Corpus Christi. A big festival was held in this cultural town with many of the native people coming to share traditional foods and crafts. I exhibited next to a very well respected local artist Yolanda Racceto. We both had impressionistic paintings of the local people so it was a good combination. I felt that my portraits of the local natives made from natural paints on handmade banana paper was very well received by the people and I was happy with the show.



The posters

With the paintingsDaniel who helped me set up the show with his wife Trina, the founder of Sachaqa Art Center on the Left and my friend Jesulyn on the right.
Yolanda and I. She has lived all over including New York and exhibited in many countries.The little gringa painting in the street
It was a little difficult painting with the crowd but the people really seemed to enjoy watching and it was great to the kids so interested in the art.

Another artist Juan who did some chainsaw sculpting...a little more exciting than me!

I made some great contacts and have some more potential exhibits ligned up and may paint some murals in the town of Lamas as well.

Photos by Freddy Guillen Villacorta of Lamas


No comments:

Post a Comment